(Last revised 10/22/2021)
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you when you register on the App and when you use or communicate through the App, including:
- Your ride postings and responses to other user’s ride postings;
- Your full legal name;
- Any other profile name that you choose to adopt;
- Your user photo;
- Any profile photo that you choose to use;
- Your work or school email address;
- Your proof of Covid-19 vaccination;
- Any social media profile information, including your Facebook name, number of friends and your LinkedIn name and profile URL;
- How long you have been a Ridewith user;
- The number of rides you have posted or responded to;
- Your ratings of other users and other users’ ratings of you; and
- Other profile information that you have added
The App also automatically receives and records information from your browser, such as your IP address and cookie information.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We use information collected from its users for the following purposes:
- to customize the content you see on the App;
- to fulfill your requested posts and responses to other users’ posts;
- to facilitate communication between you and other users;
- to allow other users to verify each other’s true identity and to minimize fraudulent use of the App;
- to allow you to rate other users and for other users to rate you;
- to provide services in connection with your posts, such as offering optimal routes;
- to improve our services and offerings;
- to contact you in relation to the App;
- to send you text messages promoting the App;
- to conduct research; and
- for other purposes to which you have expressly consented.
We may share information collected from users as follows:
- with trusted third-party business partners who work on behalf of or with us, such as cloud storage providers, analytics services and identity verification services, each of which are either under confidentiality agreements or have otherwise agreed to take reasonable steps to secure the shared information.
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- when we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Ridewith App Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- in connection with an acquisition, sale, merger or similar transaction
Your personal information will be stored in secure locations in the United States.
YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
You can edit your profile at any time. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the App, such as service announcements and administrative text or email messages. By signing up for the App, you consent to receiving these communications from us and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them other than by requesting deletion of your profile as described below.
From time to time, you may receive promotional text messages, where you have the option to unsubscribe from. You can opt out of receiving these communications by clicking on the link provided or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your profile by emailing email@example.com. If your profile is deleted or terminated, we will keep your personal information for a reasonable amount of time as prescribed by applicable law.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees, contractors and trusted third-party business partners who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place to protect personal information about you.
While we continue to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Posting or transmitting personal information is done at your own risk. Information made available through the App about third party services, such as transportation platforms or apps, is estimated and may vary from actual information available directly from such third parties.
The App is not targeted to minors, including children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under the age of 18. If you are aware that we have been provided with any such information, we will endeavor to promptly remove such information upon notification.